Vice President for Strategic Enrollment Management
- University of Southern Indiana
- Evansville, IN
- Vice President
University of Southern Indiana (USI) invites applications and nominations for an experienced and effective leader, who is a skilled collaborator for the position of Vice President for Strategic Enrollment Management (VPSEM) . The VPSEM will provide strategic leadership for the Offices of Undergraduate Admissions, Student Financial Assistance, New Student and Transitional Programs, and University Division which includes five academic-based, first-year advising centers, Academic Skills, Career Counseling, and Student Support Services. The VPSEM will also lead a Strategic Enrollment Management Council, which includes representatives from units across the university and will work effectively with the School of Graduate Studies, University Marketing and Communication, the Academic Deans, Information Technology and other university partners. As a senior institutional leader, the VPSEM will lead the creation and implementation of a data-driven, student-centered strategic enrollment management plan that is collaborative, transparent and results in enrollment growth at the University while contributing directly to the overall retention of students and their families who call USI home.
The VPSEM reports directly to the President and serves on the Executive Leadership Team. The VPSEM must understand the challenges of higher education and demonstrate a willingness to guide the University to be the institution of choice for students and their families.
Responsibilities of the VPSEM include, but are not limited to:
- Providing transformational leadership for recruitment, student financial aid, advising, student academic support, and retention;
- Establishing realistic yet ambitious enrollment targets and leading the implementation of modern and measurable enrollment growth strategies for the University. The strategies need to encompass all levels of students from varying backgrounds and experiences including traditional, transfer, graduate, international, online, and adult learner students;
- Crafting and implementing a long-term vision and strategic enrollment plan for the unit consistent with the University’s mission and strategic priorities;
- Bringing fresh thinking and an eye for creativity in responding effectively to evolving aspirations and expectations of students about their higher education experiences and journey;
- Advocating for students who are traditionally marginalized and underrepresented in higher education and leading diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and programs in the unit;
- Nurturing an organizational culture that supports students and staff, promotes shared governance, and fosters interdisciplinary collaborations;
- Using qualitative and quantitative data to manage and prioritize recruitment and retention efforts;
- Strengthening and building connections and partnerships with internal, external, and global stakeholders;
- Analyzing, communicating, and responding to emerging regional, national, and global trends in higher education recruitment, orientation, retention, and financial aid optimization;
- Apprising the Board of Trustees and university stakeholders on enrollment and pertinent institutional issues, and championing the strengths, successes, and vision of the University to all internal and external constituents; and
- Guiding budget and personnel matters, including annual and merit performance review.
- Master’s degree required, doctorate preferred;
- Minimum of ten years of experience in higher education or relevant field with increasing levels of administrative responsibilities;
- Established record of effective leadership in recruitment, retention, and financial aid practices, including evidence of ability to transform processes and operations;
- Experience with successfully using a full-cycle CRM required;
- Working knowledge of the processes, technology, and best practices in enrollment management, student financial aid, student retention and in-depth understanding of student market trends and prospect development;
- Knowledge of strategic institutional branding and marketing; and
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
About University of Southern Indiana:
Established in 1965, the University of Southern Indiana (USI) is one of five public universities in Indiana conferring baccalaureate and higher degrees. From its earliest stage of planning in the early 1960s, community leaders have supported the University by providing a solid base for its present success and future growth. That community support continues today, as evidenced by continued strong giving to a vibrant USI Foundation, and a solid reputation in the state legislature.
USI is a vibrant public university campus, enrolling more than 9,000 dual credit, undergraduate and graduate students from 88 Indiana counties, 47 states, and 36 countries. The University is located in Evansville, the third largest city in Indiana. USI is a comprehensive public university, classified by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching as an “engaged university.”
As a future-oriented, learning focused and connected institution that has a strong commitment to high academic standards, USI emphasizes teaching and interactions between faculty and students and encourages applied research that creates value for its regional community and contributes to solving society’s broader challenges. The University has created an environment where learning and intellectual development are foremost.
The University of Southern Indiana’s appeal to students is its transformative educational experiences shaped by the faculty’s commitment to student success, contemporary facilities, its size, its proximity to an urban center, the friendliness of students, employees, and the community, as well as its affordability and value.
USI’s Mission :
USI is an engaged learning community committed to exceptional education. We exist to provide an educated citizenry that can engage in a civil manner within a community with divergent ideas and cultural differences. We prepare our students to lead and make positive contributions to our state, their communities, and to be lifetime learners in a diverse and global society.
About Evansville, Indiana:
Evansville is Indiana's third-largest city, and is an easy drive away from Indianapolis, Louisville, Nashville, and St. Louis. Evansville is known to be a friendly place in Southwest Indiana, along the Ohio River. It is the central city of the Evansville metropolitan area, a hub of commercial, medical, and cultural activity of southwestern Indiana and the Illinois–Indiana–Kentucky tri-state area, that is home to over 911,000 people.
The review of credentials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, applications should be submitted by November 28, 2022.
Application materials should be submitted via the USI Human Resources website at https://usi.peopleadmin.com/postings/10181 . Applicants should submit a letter of application addressing the applicant’s qualifications related to the criteria above, current curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information (including email addresses) for five professional references. References will not be contacted until finalists are identified.
Nominations, inquiries, and expressions of interest should be forwarded to Sarah Will, Interim Executive Director of Human Resources, by email at email@example.com with “Nomination VPSEM" in the subject line of your email. Please provide the nominee's name, current position, and organization, his or her contact information including email address and phone number, the reason for your nomination, and your name, title, and contact information.
All applications and nominations will remain strictly confidential. A public phase of the search will commence for finalists, who will be pre-notified of this phase.
More information is available on the USI website at https://www.usi.edu/vpsem
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, the University of Southern Indiana considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy or marital status, national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other category protected by law or identified by the University as a protected class.
More search results
Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs and Pro…
The City University of New York
Assistant Professor - roles across multiple disc…
Virginia Tech- School of Architecture, Arts and Design
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design
Content Shooter/Editor, Social Media
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design
Director of Branded Content
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design