- California State University, Sacramento Department of Design
- Sacramento, California
- Teach 12 units per semester. This equates to 4-6 studio-based courses per academic year.
- Develop curriculum in the upper and lower division addressing narrative photographic practices, as well as curriculum involving community-based social practices with photography.
- Lead student advising, recruitment, oversight of part-time faculty, curriculum development and other related activities aimed at fostering growth of the Photography program.
- Pursue excellence in teaching effectiveness; peer-reviewed creative, scholarly, and/or professional activity, and service to the Department, College, University.
- Engage actively with the local and regional community through service and scholarship.
- Earned MFA or equivalent terminal degree in the art by August 2022.
- Record of sustained professional creative practice and/or engagement in photography.
- Evidence of teaching or community-based organization and leadership at the secondary, adult, or college level.
- Evidence of sustained practice involving contemporary narrative forms of photography. Examples of narrative photography could include documentary, fictionalized narrative, long-form editorial, or experimental forms of storytelling through photographs.
- Evidence of sustained artistic/photographic practice through socially engaged, collaborative or community-facing forms of engagement and/or co-creative work.
- Proficiency with and ability to teach established/primary photographic tools, equipment, processes, and software to students.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- 3 years teaching or educational experience at the secondary, adult, or collegial level.
- Experience working with contemporary or emerging forms of photographic capture, production, distribution, and output.
- Experience working with digital video/time-based equipment, techniques, and software.
Initial review of applications will begin January 7, 2022. Application must include:
SEMI-FINALISTS will be invited to participate in a brief Zoom interview.
FINALISTS will be invited to campus, where we are holding our final interview process. If invited, you will also be asked to provide a current letter of recommendation from a professional contact within the last three years.
More search results
Faculty Position in Sedimentary Systems Science
University of Minnesota, Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences, Twin Cities
Multiple Tenure-stream Positions
Dept.of Computer Science, University of Toronto
Two Position Announcements for Professor level Op…
University of Arizona, School of Plant Sciences
Area Coordinator for Residential Education (PRN28…
University of Utah-HR
Faculty in School of Music: Music Skills and Theo…
CalArts - California Institute of the Arts