The BU Hub is Boston University's university-wide general education program. The Department Administrator of the BU Hub reports to the Associate Director of the BU Hub and plays an integral role in the ongoing operations of the Hub. The Hub office, a department of the Office of the Provost, works collaboratively with academic, administrative, and operations units and with faculty, staff, and students across the University to continue to implement, manage, raise awareness about, and assess the BU Hub an innovative general education program for all BU undergraduates.
The Department Administrator serves as the academic scheduler for the Hub office, manages marketing and communications projects, is a financial administrator for Hub accounts, and handles daily operations of the department. In close collaboration with the Hub leadership team and the Hub staff, the Department Administrator also carries out emerging special projects, including projects related to program and curricular development and assessment. This position affords significant opportunities for personal and professional growth, including broad conversancy with the landscape of higher education, training in systems and advanced skills, and increasing levels of initiative and responsibility in working across the University as a representative of the Hub.
A cover letter is required for consideration.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required, Master's Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience required, experience in a university-level educational setting preferred
- Must possess excellent writing and oral/written communication skills, discretion, the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and a high level of attention to detail
- Must be diplomatic and have the ability to work effectively with multiple internal constituencies across the University
- Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly is critical
- Experience with financial reporting and account reconciliation preferred
- Experience using a student information system or equivalent preferred
- Must be well-versed in Microsoft Office; WordPress and/or HTML coding experience a plus
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and experience with 25Live, or similar room scheduling tools, helpful
- Experience in social media campaigns a plus
The BU Hub is committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse, and affirming office environment for all Hub staff.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.