Assistant Professor - Advertising
- Syracuse University
- Syracuse, NY
- New York
Assistant Professor - Advertising
The Advertising Department in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University seeks applicants in the area of advertising strategy for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position with an August 22, 2022 start date. Specifically, the candidate must be able to share expertise with our students and to expand our strengths in two or more of the following areas:
- The evolution of data strategy and communication trends to employ successful strategies for brands, including, but not limited to expertise in data analytics and social media listening platforms used to collect intelligence on consumers and competitors.
- Digital strategies and appropriate messaging grounded in consumer journeys and data-driven insights, across paid, earned, and owned channels that create the synergy of online and offline communications in reaching the target audience effectively.
- Ethical issues and social economic impact of big data and artificial intelligence concerning data management, governance, sharing, use, biases, and moral values.
- Storytelling capabilities with dynamics of key elements in data, visuals, and narrative to transforming business problems to human solutions.
- It is not required that candidates have advanced data and statistical analysis expertise (though candidates with this expertise are still encouraged to apply). Instead, we are primarily looking for a strategy expert who is highly data competent (i.e., using data on a daily basis to inform strategy and insights). Applicants with job experience in advertising/marketing strategy, account planning, or communications planning, etc. would be excellent candidates.
Compelling candidates will indicate enthusiasm and promise for exemplary teaching, whether through prior teaching experience or similar professional roles mentoring/supervising young advertising practitioners. Courses that the hire might teach include Digital Branding and Strategy, Strategic Media Planning, Advertising Research and Planning, Advertising Campaigns, and other courses that complement the individual’s expertise or specialization.
The successful candidate will need to show potential for conducting academic scholarship or industry-related creative activity/research that will position the hire as a nationally-recognized expert in the field. Participation in service and committee work for the department, the Newhouse School, and Syracuse University is expected.
A master’s degree is required. Candidates with advertising industry management/strategy experience are especially encouraged to apply. Passion and deeper connections to consumer research and analytics are desirable.
For full description and online application instructions, please go to our online employment site https://www.sujobopps.com/postings/89080
Applicants should submit a cover letter of interest which includes three important areas:
- Teaching - The Newhouse School prides itself on the high quality of education it provides and its ability to get students job-ready Day One. Please describe your teaching interests and philosophy of how students best learn.
- Diversity and Inclusion - Please describe how your past experience has prepared you to contribute to the School’s and the University’s strategic commitments to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in higher education.
- Research/Creative Activity - The Newhouse School values both scholarly research and creative activity. Scholarship can include peer-reviewed journal articles, grant procurement, conference presentations and book development. Creative activity can include, as examples, industry trade or consumer media/news articles, and media production, development or multimedia storytelling (photo/video, film, sound, web design, apps, scriptwriting). Please describe how your experience will help you contribute to the University and School's commitment to research and creative initiatives.
In addition to the cover letter, applications should include :
- resume/vitae, and
- list of four academic or professional references with contact name, title, address, and email/phone information.
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive with priority consideration given to those received by November 15th. However, the department will continue to consider applications until this position is filled.
The Newhouse School encourages candidates to apply who will help us broaden the diversity of our faculty. Syracuse University is an Affirmative Action/Employment Opportunity Employer and has a long history of engaging veterans and the military- connected community through its educational programs, community outreach, and employment program.
More search results
Faculty Position in Sedimentary Systems Science
University of Minnesota, Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences, Twin Cities
Multiple Tenure-stream Positions
Dept.of Computer Science, University of Toronto
Two Position Announcements for Professor level Op…
University of Arizona, School of Plant Sciences
Area Coordinator for Residential Education (PRN28…
University of Utah-HR
Faculty in School of Music: Music Skills and Theo…
CalArts - California Institute of the Arts