Manager, Global Data and Communications - Division of Finance
- University of Pennsylvania
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Manager, Global Data and Communications - Division of Finance
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
The Manager, Global Data & Communications, supports the Office of Global Support Services in managing complex and disparate data as well as serving as the main resource for communications activity for the department and in some cases, Penn Global as a whole. Multiple data sets are used to develop global reporting and provide analysis structure for strategic planning by Schools/Centers and the GSS Office. This role is responsible for GSS and Travel website design and upkeep, presentation and programmatic materials design, international agreements database and toolkit enhancements including implementation coordination and outreach annually to Schools/Centers.
In the Division of Finance, we recognize diversity and inclusion is paramount to a positive and thriving work environment; it is a business imperative. We are committed to actively fostering diversity, inclusion and cultural competency throughout our operational efforts in the Division of Finance. This role will be critical in supporting those efforts and demonstrating behaviors and competencies that reflect Penn's values.
We take pride in the myriad ways that diversity enriches our curriculum, and the cultural and social life of our campus. Penn's commitment to achieving eminence through diversity is ultimately a commitment to creating a more vibrant university so that our graduates will be both stimulated and empowered to shape a better world.
- Ensure all data related to global activity is accessible and has structured design for reporting, analyzing, and delivery for both in-house and university wide usage. Manage and work closely with travel and agreements data “owned” by GSS. Analyze data, across data sets, to strategize with Directors regarding future GSS outreach and initiatives. Develop multiyear roadmap for data modeling of global activity based on needs identified by various stakeholders, as well as emerging technologies that will enhance GSS and future priorities and goals.
- Consult with various departments and stakeholders to understand their unique needs and design and implement solutions based on best practices for collaboration and data management and other aspects of productivity related to GSS services and offerings/programs across the University.
- Working with the GSS Directors, develop communications, outreach, and operational tools to assist Schools/Centers in administering their global programs. Direct and curate GSS communications including websites, , web tools and forms, print and non-print promotional materials. Responsible for regularly producing articles, writing stories, and managing the production of quarterly/yearly communications.
- Manage all GSS and Travel website design, updates, and enhancements using new technologies for easy intake and coordinated responses to global issues presented to the department. Develop, manage, and ensure online, digital communications strategies that are consistent and support institutional goals and objectives. Analyze web usage to understand user behaviors and make appropriate adjustments based on user experience, changing technologies, and GSS initiatives.
- Network throughout the University to stay up to date on technology and communications resources, options, or issues on behalf of GSS. Participate on various work teams, projects and task forces representing GSS and stays updated on developments in digital and social media marketing in higher education.
- Provide project management assistance to Directors and department in general. Analyzes data to inform strategic decisions and tactics prior to project execution and implementation; analyzes data from GSS reporting to inform future goals and projects; creates user-friendly and intuitive reports and presentations on key metrics, suitable for use with senior leadership and external committees and councils.
- A bachelor's degree and a minimum of five (5) years of related work experience servicing higher education institutions and global operations.
- Evidence of and demonstrated success in creating an inclusive, service-oriented environment for a multicultural audience. Proven ability to foster, work in, and appreciate an interdisciplinary and diverse community environment.
- Demonstrated ability to participate and lead in a high functioning work team with demonstrated competency in collaborating across various departments, stakeholders and customers across the University.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate strategic plans, implement programs, and evaluate the success of these initiatives. Awareness of and appreciation for the evolving role of technology and social media in all aspects of work.
- Demonstrated ability to handle crises effectively and to solve problems proactively and creatively.
- Demonstrated success in interpersonal relations, collaboration, reasoning, and exercising sound judgment.
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer proficiency, data sense, detail orientation, and organizational skills.
- Work effectively in a highly matrixed and decentralized environment with the ability to navigate through ambiguity and demonstrate appreciation and support for diversity, inclusion and belonging in a constantly evolving academic/higher education environment.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Division of Finance
$72,837.00 - $138,391.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Franklin-Building/Manager--Global-Data-and-Communications---Division-of-Finance_JR00042232
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Academic Physician - Neonatology Section Chief #P…
The University of Chicago: Biological Sciences Division: Department of Pediatrics
Chair, Department of Biophysics
Medical College of Wisconsin
Director of Recruitment for College of Visual & P…
James Madison University
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Equity, Diversity & Inclusi…
Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) Research Institute
Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Profess…
Department of Pharmacology - University of Minnesota