- University of Pennsylvania
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Job Profile Title
Information Technology Support Specialist A
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Director of Client and Computing Services, the Audiovisual Coordinator is responsible for the Penn Libraries audiovisual and event technology systems, services, and support.
The job scope includes classrooms, seminar rooms, labs, and group study rooms across Penn's campus. This position is focused on the intersection between different technologies used for teaching and learning and the ideal candidate should have significant experience with both AV systems and traditional IT support. They will consult with staff, faculty and other users prior to use to ensure needs will be met and will provide technical assistance during events or classes as requested, needed, or scheduled. They will also provide management for a portfolio of media related applications and services used for recording, and streaming audio and video and for online collaboration. As part of Client and Computing Services, this position will have responsibility for managing computing resources in technology enhanced teaching spaces and other public use environments. This includes coordinating service and repair of equipment, assessing new technology and managing new deployment projects.
Required: Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 1 - 2 years of experience in a technology or support environment or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Extensive knowledge in troubleshooting audio visual equipment is required including use and maintenance of projection and large format displays, cameras, mics and speakers. Experience using digital and cloud-based recording and conferencing tools. Effective interpersonal and social skills, independent problem-solving and decision-making, self-direction, and ability to handle a complex workload. Commitment to outstanding customer service. Technical troubleshooting ability and experience with computing and mobile hardware, operating systems and software, and cloud-based applications and services. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Past experiencing providing training and generating documentation highly valued.
*** REQUIRED*** Please provide a resume and cover letter for consideration. Please upload all documents in the “Resume/CV” section of the application prior to submitting.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Van-Pelt-Library/Audiovisual-Coordinator_JR00041007
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Academic Physician - Neonatology Section Chief #P…
The University of Chicago: Biological Sciences Division: Department of Pediatrics
Chair, Department of Biophysics
Medical College of Wisconsin
Director of Recruitment for College of Visual & P…
James Madison University
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Equity, Diversity & Inclusi…
Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) Research Institute
Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Profess…
Department of Pharmacology - University of Minnesota