- University of Pennsylvania
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
Posted Job Title
Job Profile Title
Temporary Employee - Non-Exempt
Job Description Summary
Centered around the Houston Hall student center, Perelman Quadrangle is a collection of facilities and common space utilized by the entire Penn community and its guests. Our spaces include Houston Hall, Irvine Auditorium, Iron Gate Theatre, the ARCH, and Penn Commons, with additional support provided to other campus spaces and classrooms.
Operation Aides work primarily in the Houston Hall student center and Irvine Auditorium. This position shifts between job duties on a day-to-day basis and may serve as event service staff, usher, house manager, or take on customer service and administrative duties as directed by the assistant building managers. Operation Aides are cross-trained so that they can assist with the smooth operation of Perelman Quadrangle facilities and provide a variety of event support services.
The Operation Aide must be flexible to accommodate the event schedule and daily operations of the Perelman Quadrangle facilities and performing arts spaces. Job duties include:
- Event Services: set up banquet and meeting spaces to client specifications, maintain cleanliness of work areas, assist with moving boxes/packages, and serve as a liaison to event clients
- Event Usher: serve as frontline customer service representative to Penn students, staff, faculty, and visitors; greet guests, serve as a resource for event, building, and campus information, and provide excellent customer service.
- House Manager: plan, coordinate, and manage front-of-house operations during performances and special events in Irvine Auditorium; oversee staff assigned as ushers or guards to ensure safety, cleanliness, security, and overall smooth operations in the building
- Generally assist with the operation and administration of Perelman Quadrangle facilities as needed
- Customer service experience and basic computer skills required
- Ability to work a varied schedule required; Perelman Quadrangle's regular hours include early mornings, nights, and weekends
- All job duties require attention to detail and a desire to constantly improve service levels
- The successful candidate will work well both independently and as part of a team
- Experience in facilities, events, or front-of-house management preferred
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check may be required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Houston-Hall/Operations-Aide_JR00041951
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Academic Physician - Neonatology Section Chief #P…
The University of Chicago: Biological Sciences Division: Department of Pediatrics
Chair, Department of Biophysics
Medical College of Wisconsin
Director of Recruitment for College of Visual & P…
James Madison University
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Equity, Diversity & Inclusi…
Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) Research Institute
Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Profess…
Department of Pharmacology - University of Minnesota