Pediatric Gastroenterology Faculty & Medical Directorship Opportunity
- Connecticut Children's Medical Center
- 54 Miles North of Manhattan
Connecticut Children’s Medical Center / UCONN SOM
Outpatient Gastroenterology Practice – Fairfield County, CT
On behalf of Dr. Jeffrey Hyams, Division Chief of Gastroenterology at Connecticut Children’s, CareerPhysician, LLC, a leader in academic pediatric recruitment, has initiated a national search to identify a medical director to serve an expanding clinical and educational presence for the division in Westport, CT, 54 miles north of Manhattan.
- Connecticut Children’s is the state’s only stand-alone children’s hospital. The clinic in Fairfield County is critical to the clinical growth strategy for Connecticut Children’s gastroenterology service and will serve as an anchor program for the brand, with a reach of approximately 1.5 million pediatric patient lives.
- The hospital has initiated building out a new multi-specialty clinic in Westport, CT that will house new office space for multiple specialties, procedure rooms and an infusion suite; plus, an ambulatory surgical center just minutes from the clinic. The joining provider will participate in divisional educational programs and be well supported with faculty outreach and division designated ancillary support, including nurses and MAs. There will be opportunities to participate in clinical research.
- The selected physician will work closely with the division chief to build on Connecticut Children’s established presence in the region and be expected to function at a high level establishing the framework of the Westport practice within the framework of a larger program, serving as the first full-time outpatient gastroenterologist in southern Connecticut. Call responsibility will be limited to sharing weekend coverage with 9 other pediatric gastroenterologists with appropriate back up for emergencies. There will be no weekday or night call.
- Medical directorship appointment will be considered after one year of faculty service in Westport.
- The joining provider will hold an appointment at UCONN School of Medicine and be part of a flourishing division of 10 gastroenterologists, which is the largest program in CT, accounting for 15,000 ambulatory visits per year, approximately 2000 endoscopic procedures per year, 7 offices in CT, 12-year-old fellowship program and NIH funded research since 2011.
- We are seeking a confident and personable physician who values relationships with referring providers and sees themselves as a future leader within a regional program.
- The compensation structure and package will be highly competitive, based on rank and experience.
For more details about this opportunity, or if you would like to recommend an individual(s) who exemplifies the qualities we are seeking in a candidate, please contact Mark Lozano at email@example.com , or at 469-553-9311. All inquiries will remain confidential, and no inquiries will be made without the consent of the applicant.
Connecticut Children’s Medical Center is an AA/EOE/ADA employer committed to excellence through diversity.
More search results
Academic Physician - Neonatology Section Chief #P…
The University of Chicago: Biological Sciences Division: Department of Pediatrics
Chair, Department of Biophysics
Medical College of Wisconsin
Director of Recruitment for College of Visual & P…
James Madison University
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Equity, Diversity & Inclusi…
Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) Research Institute
Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Profess…
Department of Pharmacology - University of Minnesota