Administrative Coordinator, Earth & Environmental Science (EES)
- University of Pennsylvania
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Administrative Coordinator, Earth & Environmental Science (EES)
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
In collaboration with the Department of Earth & Environmental Science (EES) and the College of Liberal and Professional Studies (LPS), the Administrative Coordinator provides administrative and logistical support for EES and the Professional Masters Programs in EES (PMP). The position will work with the department chair and Director of the Professional Masters Programs to create reports, manage position appointments, and manage departmental communication including social media.
The Department of Earth & Environmental Science seeks to obtain and communicate a fundamental understanding of our environment and its interactions with life through time by bringing together faculty, students, postdoctoral scientists and staff of diverse origins and identities. The Department offers two undergraduate majors, Earth Science and Environmental Studies; a PhD program; and two master's programs in collaboration with the College of Liberal and Professional Studies (LPS) in the University of Pennsylvania's School of Arts and Sciences. LPS is dedicated to extending learning beyond traditional borders and engages a richly diverse population of intellectually capable students at many points in their lives. LPS programs include professional and academic programs (including study abroad and English language programs for international students and professionals), summer sessions, non-credit programs, workshops, and symposia. LPS programs all have a foundation in the arts and sciences. Each year LPS offers 600 credit courses for undergraduate and graduate, degree and non- degree students as well as non-credit courses focused on areas such as personal enrichment, professional development, and English as a second language. We strive to provide a collegial learning and working environment that feels safe and inclusive for everyone.
Maintains Canvas Community; schedules events; responds to inquiries via FreshDesk; oversees all social media including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and EES website; and staffs the Reception Area for master's programs (greet visitors, etc.). Manages all department position appointments: Faculty (incl. re-appointments, promotions), Post-Docs, Research Associates, Visiting Scholars, Lecturers (A, B, Senior), and temporary/student workers. Assists faculty/search committee with all recruitment processes; ensures that offer letters are accurate and uploaded to Penn systems including Interfolio. Assists faculty and students with expense reports, booking travel, and processing reimbursements through Concur. Makes transportation arrangements for all course fieldtrips. Assists in organizing and attending recruitment events as needed. Assist in organizing student activities including happy hours, coffee hours, 1st year retreat, and All -Student meeting.
High School degree and 5 to 7 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, is required. Bachelor Degree is strongly preferred.
Excellent communication skills both oral and written, and ability to take direction and work independently are a must. Knowledge of social media including Facebook, Twitter, and Hootsuite preferred. Knowledge of CollegeNet, Canvas, Interfolio, Drupal, and Concur a plus.
* For consideration, please submit a cover letter, brief writing sample, and a resume in the CV section of your application. You can upload multiple documents to the "Resume/CV" section.
The salary for this position is expected to be from $37,000 to $51,000.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
School of Arts and Sciences
$20.00 - $36.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Hayden-Hall---2nd-Floor/Administrative-Coordinator---Earth---Environmental-Science--EES-_JR00040643
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Academic Physician - Neonatology Section Chief #P…
The University of Chicago: Biological Sciences Division: Department of Pediatrics
Chair, Department of Biophysics
Medical College of Wisconsin
Director of Recruitment for College of Visual & P…
James Madison University
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Equity, Diversity & Inclusi…
Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) Research Institute
Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Profess…
Department of Pharmacology - University of Minnesota