Augustana University’s International Programs Office (IPO) seeks an Assistant Director for Customized Programs whose primary responsibilities are to develop, coordinate and manage inbound customized and hybrid programs for short-term visiting international student groups, and to grow the number of customized programs offered in partnership with the Director of International Programs and in alignment with the university’s internationalization strategy.
Customized programs will primarily occur during J-term, spring break, summer, though may be scheduled any time of year depending on partner needs and campus capacity. The Assistant Director for Customized Programs will also collaborate with IPO team members in international student recruitment, study away, partnership development, comprehensive internationalization, and will provide special support in the areas of internationally-focused on-campus events and current international student advising.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of existing inbound customized and hybrid programs, including but not limited to: the application process, budgets, marketing, partner communications, prospective participant recruitment, leading student groups in campus and off-campus activities and excursions, etc.
- Grow AU’s portfolio of new inbound customized programs including new partner recruitment and the creation of new programs in partnership with faculty and the Director of International Programs.
- Ensure continuous improvement of customized programs through assessment.
- Liaise with the Assistant Director for International Admission to create pathways for referrals of students from the customized programs into AU’s degree programs and customized program alumni communications.
- Serve as primary international student advisor for non-degree (exchange) students and visiting customized program groups.
- Liaise with administrative offices, student groups, and Sioux Falls community groups to create ongoing engagement and cultural opportunities for visiting students.
- Assist with maintenance of SEVIS immigration database, Navigate, and other data and compliance platforms related to visiting students.
- Coordinate campus and community events for international students and general international and intercultural education programming on campus.
- Assist with the management of student workers and/or student or community volunteers.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of two years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Excellent and tactful communication, interpersonal and cultural skills along with your high attention to detail.
- A high energy and self-starter demeanor with demonstrated problem solving skills to work in an environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and also within a culture of teamwork and collaboration.
- Academic program development or event planning experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Flexibility. This position may work extended or non-standard hours based on project or business needs. Occasional local and overnight travel may be required.
- Foreign language proficiency and/or working with non-native English speakers.
- Experience developing customized programs for international students and/or with international student recruitment.
- Experience designing study abroad programs and/or in the travel industry.
- Experience leading diverse student groups.
- An advanced degree in a relevant field.
Interacting with students, faculty and leadership with different backgrounds and points of view and a deep appreciation of and respect for academic values and culture must be a top value of the candidate.
Augustana University will continue to monitor concerns related to Covid-19 and its variants in the months to come, and we expect to provide all, or nearly all, of our instruction in face-to-face labs and classes beginning fall of 2021. Applicants for faculty and staff positions should thus be prepared to participate fully in on-campus, face to face experiences in the coming academic year.
Application Procedure: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should complete an Augustana University’s employment application, provide a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three references. Valuing diversity and inclusivity are important aspects of the culture and ethos of Augustana University. Please share how you envision embracing and advancing these ideals. Application materials are to be sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Official website: www.augie.edu.
Augustana University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce. Augustana University is committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community. Submission of official transcripts may be required upon employment. Finalist candidates must satisfactorily complete a pre-employment background check.
More search results
Assistant Professor or early Associate Professor …
University of Utah - Department of Management
Assistant Professor of Statistics
Harvard University Department of Statistics
Assistant /Associate Professor of Oral and Maxill…
University of Pennsylvania
Research Project Manager B
University of Pennsylvania
Temporary Staff-Research Specialist A
University of Pennsylvania