Vice Provost for Enrollment Management & Student Services
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Newark, NJ
- Vice Provost
- New Jersey
Vice Provost for Enrollment Management & Student Services
New Jersey Institute of Technology
New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) seeks a strategic, visionary leader to be the next Vice Provost for Enrollment Management and Student Services (VPEMSS). The VPEMSS is a leadership position charged with overseeing a dynamic operation in an increasingly complex environment. The position requires a keen understanding of the higher education competitive setting, understanding of new student markets, developing innovative domestic and international recruitment strategies, setting strategic objectives, intensifying the use of technology, and optimizing the overall recruitment and enrollment process. Of paramount importance is the ability to recruit and retain a highly diverse student body.
Specifically, the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management and Student Services:
- Provides strategic, visionary, and overarching leadership to the enrollment planning, policy implementation, and operational management of the University’s enrollment services enterprise.
- Leads the offices of admissions, student financial aid, student persistence and re-enrollment, and the university registrar.
- Leads student recruitment efforts and oversees marketing functions designed to effectively communicate the value of an NJIT education to diverse populations utilizing appropriate marketing channels.
- Provides strategic advice to recruiting special student cohorts such as honors and EOP.
- Leads the development of strategic partnerships with domestic and foreign institutions for the recruitment of students.
- Leads data collection and its use in developing student recruitment strategies.
- Develops and leads the team charged with working across the University to envision and deliver the optimal and sustainable enrollment plan for NJIT and meeting its short- and long-term goals.
- Collaborates with the directors and managers in establishing specific department, unit, or program goals; assumes accountability for achieving objectives; and monitors progress toward completion of goals of the departments they supervise.
- Formulates, develops, interprets, and assists in the administration of University policies and procedures; ensures compliance with accreditation, state, and federal laws and regulations pertaining to the functions of the university they oversee; represents the University to parents, alumni, student/employee organizations, businesses, etc.; and performs related duties on behalf of the University as directed by the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs & Student Services.
- Leads and oversees the development of agreements with community colleges, other domestic institutions and foreign universities for creating student pipelines of prospective undergraduate and graduate students; ensures that all agreements are timely updated.
- Works with the leadership of the offices of student financial aid and admissions in overseeing the development of criteria for awarding both merit- and need-based university scholarships.
- Oversees the generation of user-friendly reports sent to colleges and departments to facilitate their efforts in yielding admitted students and ensures coordination of yield efforts between the Office of University Admissions and the academic units.
- Advocates and seeks the implementation of automation processes in all areas they oversee to ensure delivering a high level of student services, and the collection of data to inform future decisions.
The ideal candidate will be a data-informed, confident, and focused leader deeply invested in the mission of NJIT and its promise for opportunity. The selected candidate will have a deep understanding of enrollment management strategies and processes, a broad vision of the complex issues facing higher education enrollment now and, in the future, and a demonstrated record of successfully meeting undergraduate and graduate enrollment goals.
In addition, strong candidates will offer:
- A master’s degree plus at least ten years of experience in leading a successful enrollment management program; Doctoral degree preferred.
- At least eight years of experience supervising admissions, student financial aid, and/or registrar functions; experience managing in a collective bargaining environment would be an asset.
- Expert knowledge of a broad range of strategic, technological, and operational methodologies, tools, and practices governing undergraduate and graduate admissions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of academic services that promote student retention and persistence.
- An ability to lead targeted outreach and marketing strategies appropriately for distinctive programs, schools, and students.
- Experience in leading successful enrollment management programs in a research university.
- Familiarity with the literature on regional and national student enrollment trends.
- Demonstrated ability to form partnerships.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion efforts.
Amy Sugin and Malissa Brennan of Koya Partners have been exclusively retained for this search. To express your interest in this role please submit your materials here or email your resume/CV directly to NJIT_VPEMSS@koyapartners.com. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential. To view the full position description, please visit this webpage.
More search results
Executive Director of Internal Audit
Western Washington University
The Chicago School
Chief, Pediatric Radiology Opportunity
Oklahoma Children's Hospital
Linda and Bipin Doshi Professor Position in Chemi…
Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Missouri University of Science and Technology
Lecturer in Management and/or Marketing (Two Posi…
Maine Business School