Augustana University is currently recruiting for a full-time Mental Health and Wellness Specialist to work as a Student Affairs Division member.
The Mental Health and Wellness Specialist serves as the primary contact for students related to mental health concerns and issues. They are responsible for providing referrals to students and connecting them to internal and external resources. The specialist oversees educational outreach efforts to enhance students' personal and psychological development, support their attainment of learning goals, and help them overcome barriers to success.
As an integral part of Student Affairs, the specialist is responsible for collecting, reviewing, and maintaining student emotional health. Additionally, the specialist works collaboratively across the university to ensure shared governance, transparency, and assessment practices while helping to move the university towards comprehensive, innovative solutions to meet the evolving needs mental health needs of students.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating, developing, planning, and implementing mental health services, policies, protocols, community training, and other functions of the wellness program, such as collaborating with campus safety and residence life personnel in response to campus incidents associated with mental wellbeing.
- Engages in student case management related to mental health crises and emergencies, including, but not limited to, guiding students to identify coping strategies, maintaining case files for students, and notifying the student issues' appropriate university personnel.
- Assists the Dean of Students Office in the administration of the student mental health and wellness protocol related to mental health emergencies.
- Provides educational information and programming through various media and modalities to the Augustana community related to physical and mental health needs, including programming related to sexual health, alcohol and drug misuse, and other health and wellness topics.
- Enhances efficiencies, streamlines policies and practices; assesses and analyzes programs and service outcomes, and determine priorities to improve services provided.
- Performs administrative tasks associated with department activities.
- Generates compliance reports for the college and external agencies.
- Maintains confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA, FERPA, and other local, state, and federal laws.
- A Master's degree in Counseling or a closely related field from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated competence in psychotherapy, training, psychoeducational program planning.
- Three to five years in the mental health field.
This position offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
Interacting with students, faculty and leadership with different backgrounds and points of view and a deep appreciation of and respect for academic values and culture must be a top value of the candidate.
Augustana University will continue to monitor concerns related to Covid-19 and its variants in the months to come, and we expect to provide all, or nearly all, of our instruction in face-to-face labs and classes beginning fall of 2021. Applicants for faculty and staff positions should thus be prepared to participate fully in on-campus, face to face experiences in the coming academic year.
Application Procedure: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should provide a cover letter, statement of diversity, resume, Augustana University employment application, and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three references. Application materials are to be sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Augustana University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce. Augustana University is committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community. Submission of official transcripts may be required upon employment. Final candidates must satisfactorily complete a pre-employment background check.
- Application form: JobApplication (65kb) (the link will open in a new window)
More search results
Director of the Campus Y (A vibrant advocacy and …
University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
Assistant Professor- Visual Art, Painting-Drawing
Texas Woman's University
(Open Rank) Professor & Director
University of Southern California
(Open Rank) Clinical Faculty/Program Director of …
University of Southern California
Senior Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administra…
University of California, San Francisco