Executive Director, Genome Editing Technologies
- Sana Biotechnology
- South San Francisco, California
- Other, Researcher
- South, California
Sana Biotechnology is developing advanced delivery and genome engineering capabilities to enable the next generation of gene and cell therapies. We seek a highly motivated and creative leader in the field of genome engineering to establish our Genome Editing Technologies group. The successful candidate will define and direct efforts to develop new technologies for genome targeting and cellular engineering that will directly impact the scope and power of our therapeutic programs. This position will report to the Chief Technology Officer but will interface with senior leadership and teams throughout Sana. The level of this position will be commensurate with experience and skill.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish vision and focus for the Genome Editing Technologies team.
- Recruit exceptional talent to fill critical roles.
- Lead team efforts to establish genome targeting platform capabilities
- Develop new gene editing and gene regulation technologies
- Coordinate across functions to expand the range and sophistication of engineerable behaviors that can be applied to Sana's cell therapy programs
- Communicate advances via publishing in high impact journals and presenting at key conferences
- PhD/MD in scientific discipline w 15+ yrs experience in academic research and/or industry or equivalent combination of education and work experience; Expert knowledge of scientific principals and concepts
- Strong publication record demonstrating leadership in the field of genome and cell engineering
- Ability to motivate new directions in protein design and platform development for genome and cell engineering, and to reduce strategic initiatives to actionable plans
- Demonstrated ability to build and run highly effective research teams in a biotechnology environment
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to present effectively to management and teams with diverse backgrounds
- Experience running a genome targeting platform team
- Sufficient understanding of the principles and methods of directed evolution to productively manage a directed evolution team
- Strong background in statistics and probability theory
- Strong understanding of the energetics and kinetics of macromolecular folding and recognition processes
- Experience with sequence analysis for characterization of gene editing outcomes
- Background in delivery technologies as well as tissue culture skills
- Ability to deliver results consistently and effectively, and quickly adapt to changing business conditions - Routinely and visibly drives execution, both individually and through others, while balancing getting things done while seeking input and ideas from others. Has a demonstrated track record of delivering results.
- Demonstrated ability to create a culture that aligns with Sana Values and leverages diverse perspectives and experiences
- Consistently acts as a "leader as coach"; meets employees where they are at and leads with active listening, inquiry, openness, heart and positive intention.
- Consistently has the crucial conversations in a constructive way to move the business forward, challenges and influences at all levels, including our most senior levels
- Ability to communicate across all levels of an organization and efficiently coordinate activities with both internal and external customers.
- High degree of self-motivation
- Demonstrated track record in attract, develop talents - Is a talent magnet; consistently attracts and hires the best and develops/mentors talent across the organization (not just on own team)
- Proven track-record of organizational leadership, functional buildup and management
More search results
Assistant Professor, Public & Applied Humanities
University of Arizona, Public and Applied Humanities
Department Head, Spanish and Portuguese
University of Arizona College of Humanities
Medical Director, Adult Congenital Heart Disease
UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital
Open-Rank Professor and Director of Choral Studies
NAU School of Music
Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream, Statistical…
University of Toronto, Department of Statistical Sciences