Associate Director, Protein Engineering
- Sana Biotechnology
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Other, Researcher
Sana Biotechnology is looking to expand our team with hard-working individuals who believe in the potential of cells as engineered medicines. We are looking for enthusiastic scientists to forward our gene therapy platform. The candidate will be working in vibrant research environment with cross-functional connections to technical operations and pharmacology groups. Candidates should have the vision to do creative things and the determination to execute that vision, and will both manage a sub-team as well as participate in some lab activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop Sana gene therapy platform for use in various cell systems
- Discovery and engineering of affinity binders (antibody-based and others) for the Sana targeted gene therapy programs
- Design and engineering of protein scaffolds for targeted gene therapy
- Manage scientists working across Sana programs and the gene therapy platform with both direct reports and a matrixed structure
- Work cross-functionally in a team environment, focusing on interactions with technical operations and pharmacology teams
- Conduct and manage assay development for testing novel protein vectors that support our platform technology.
- Lead presentations and scientific discussion within teams and across Sana
PhD in scientific discipline, with a focus such as Protein Engineering, Structural Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, etc, with at least 5+ years with laboratory experience in an academic or industry setting or a BA or Masters' degree in a scientific specialty with a minimum of eight years of experience. Must have prior experience with direct line management. Deep subject matter expertise and an emerging leader.
- A strong self-starter, independent thinker, with a strong attention to detail.
- Well versed in a wide array of laboratory techniques and experienced in their use. Strong publication record from graduate and post doctoral work is expected.
- Experienced with interpersonal skills and an ability to adapt communication style to interact effectively with a range of collaborators including research associates, technical experts, computational biologists, cell biologists, and therapeutic teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and data quality, and experience working on diverse collaborative teams.
- Experience in antibody or other binder discovery
- Experience with CRO management
- Advance experience in protein engineering, including relevant skills:
- Ability to analyze sequence data in support of protein design.
- Familiarity with experimental & empirical approaches (ideally high throughput) for testing computational protein predictions (i.e. must be able to interface with these experimental teams).
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, collaborative, and technical environment.
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs
- Prolonged standing and/or sitting
- Exposure to hazardous/toxic/dangerous chemicals
- Manual dexterity required to operate office and lab equipment
More search results
Assistant Professor, Public & Applied Humanities
University of Arizona, Public and Applied Humanities
Department Head, Spanish and Portuguese
University of Arizona College of Humanities
Medical Director, Adult Congenital Heart Disease
UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital
Open-Rank Professor and Director of Choral Studies
NAU School of Music
Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream, Statistical…
University of Toronto, Department of Statistical Sciences