Senior Principal Scientist, Translational Science: Pharmacometrics
- Sana Biotechnology
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Other, Researcher
Sana Biotechnology is looking to expand our team with hard-working individuals who believe in the potential of cells as engineered medicines, have the vision to do creative things, and the determination to execute that vision. Works on projects of diverse scope. Exercises judgement within broadly defined practices to select methods, techniques and evaluation criteria. Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration and independent thought.
Sana has a leadership opportunity, to positively impact projects in the pipeline that are pioneering a transformative new approach to engineering cells as medicine. This leader will be within Translational Sciences group, and will be the internal expert in developing computational disease and pharmacometric models across Sana's diverse portfolio. This role is considered essential within the organization to define our expectations in preclinical research, as well as translating preclinical outcomes into clinical projections.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement innovative disease modeling strategies
- Interact with project teams and therapeutic areas to proactively contribute expert input into model development, ensuring alignment between modeling plans and project team objectives and needs and effective communication of results
- Communicate technical material to scientists with a diversity of backgrounds
- Possess in-depth understanding of biology and pathophysiology relevant to model development
- , collaborate, and manage external partnerships/CROs in the spec of disease modeling\
- Maintain state-of-the art knowledge of relevant modeling approaches and techniques
- PhD with at least 15 yrs of relevant experience, an excellent track record of productivity in the areas of modeling, pharmacometrics, disease progression modeling, computational biology or related field, as evinced by publications and scientific presentations
- Scientific expert with PK and quantitative pharmacology principles
- Proven ability to understand and apply knowledge of biological pathways relevant to disease and application to model development in different therapeutic areas.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) of technical and non-technical information.
- Effective collaborative spirit to function in a highly-matrixed organization.
- Modeling and computational experience, with extensive hands-on scientific computing and programming skills in a variety of computational tools such as MATLAB, Monolix, NONMEM, R,
- Expert in organizing, interpreting and communicating complex data sets in a clear and concise manner to key stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent organization and planning skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of a team, good verbal and written communication, and strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic.
- Experience in drug discovery/development STRONGLY preferred: especially in disease modeling, PK-PD, or clinical pharmacology
- Experience in working in monogenic disease modeling
- Experience in one or more of the following physiologies: Liver, immune system, T-cell biology, cardiac, neurology
More search results
Assistant Professor, Public & Applied Humanities
University of Arizona, Public and Applied Humanities
Department Head, Spanish and Portuguese
University of Arizona College of Humanities
Medical Director, Adult Congenital Heart Disease
UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital
Open-Rank Professor and Director of Choral Studies
NAU School of Music
Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream, Statistical…
University of Toronto, Department of Statistical Sciences