Senior Research Associate, Gene Therapy
- Sana Biotechnology
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Other, Researcher
Sana Biotechnology is seeking a creative and highly-motivated individual to join our Gene Therapy - Vector Design team. This individual will be responsible for advancing viral vector pipelines by generating and testing crucial research material in in vitro assays and performing IND-enabling preclinical experiments, while working closely with other members of the gene therapy and process development teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning, designing and executing complex experiments.
- Working with complex primary cells and analyzing them via multi-color flow cytometry.
- Using molecular biology tools to assess the performance of new vector designs.
- Building genetic libraries of variants, using high-throughput molecular cloning methods.
- Optimization of viral vector production protocols, including staying up-to-date with current knowledge while driving innovation.
- Working closely with other members of the gene therapy and process development teams to share and apply knowledge advancements.
- Reviewing and presenting data cross-functionally at department meetings and larger forums.
- Comply with standard laboratory practices and company policies, including strict notebook documentation and biosafety policies.
- Contribute to the overall Sana mission and culture.
- BS in scientific field plus 4+ years of experience, or M.S., 1-2 yrs in biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, protein chemistry, virology or related discipline with 3 years of relevant industry laboratory experience, with a focus towards gene therapy and high-throughput assays.
- Demonstrated expertise in mammalian cell line and primary cell cultures, and lentiviral vector production.
- Experience in molecular biology, including PCR, RT-qPCR, restriction digest/ligation, Gibson/Golden Gate assembly, plasmid prep.
- Independently and proactively able to design and execute experiments including interpreting and presenting data.
- Excellent bench skills with attention to detail and high standards for data integrity and quality.
- Adherence to rigorous standards of good lab practices, safety, and documentation.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-site team.
- Experience with liquid handler automation platforms (e.g. Integra, Hamilton, Tecan)
- Experience modifying cellular genomes with CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing
- Knowledge of multi-color flow cytometry principles and flow cytometry data analysis
This is a laboratory bench role. No regular travel required.
More search results
Assistant Professor, Public & Applied Humanities
University of Arizona, Public and Applied Humanities
Department Head, Spanish and Portuguese
University of Arizona College of Humanities
Medical Director, Adult Congenital Heart Disease
UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital
Open-Rank Professor and Director of Choral Studies
NAU School of Music
Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream, Statistical…
University of Toronto, Department of Statistical Sciences