Senior Research Associate - In Vitro Pharmacology
- Sana Biotechnology
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Other, Researcher
Sana Biotechnology is looking to expand our team with hard-working individuals who believe in the potential of cells as engineered medicines, have the vision to innovate, and the determination to execute upon that vision. We are looking for a Senior Research Associate to join the In Vitro Pharmacology and Biomarker Discovery group. This individual will work closely with colleagues on projects in a variety of therapeutic areas in a highly dynamic and cross-functional environment. He/She will actively contribute to the generation of in vitro models to characterize cellular metabolism and support functional and cross-functional efforts. The successful candidate will have demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific rigor, independent thought and a team-oriented mentality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Uses professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
- Understanding of immunobiology and metabolism and relevant biological systems to develop in vitro/ex vivo models.
- Develop and implement bioanalytical and cell-based assays using a variety of platforms (flow cytometry, high-content imaging, Incucyte, ELISA, MSD, Luminex, qPCR)
- Substantial responsibility for planning, designing and execution of experiments
- Makes detailed observations, interpret results and document experimental methods in a well-maintained laboratory notebook
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Presents results regularly at team meetings.
- Facilitates discussion with other team members as necessary to ensure the completion of the team's research projects.
- Train and mentor junior associates.
- Develops Research Operating Procedures (ROPs) to facilitate assay transfer.
- Understands and applies relevant scientific literature in the design of experimental protocols. This may include literature from outside of the Scientist's primary field of research.
- Comply with standard laboratory practices and company policies.
Bachelor's degree with 3-4+ years of laboratory experience in an academic or industry setting and proven proficiency performing independent research as well as the design and execution of complex experiments.
- Extensive hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture (primary cells and immortalized) with demonstrated competence in sterile technique and standard laboratory procedures.
- Well-versed and experienced in the development and application of bioanalytical and cell-based assays (flow cytometry, imaging, ELISA, MSD, Luminex, qPCR).
- Ability to proactively engage in the development and maintenance of cross-functional networks within the larger organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt communication styles to interact effectively with a range of collaborators including research associates, technical experts and therapeutic teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and a commitment to scientific rigor as well as experience working effectively in a highly collaborative environment.
- Technical proficiency, scientific creativity, independent thought and ability to actively communicate with scientists throughout the organization.
- Industry experience preferred
- Familiarity with Immune biology highly preferred.
- Experience characterizing translational models of disease
More search results
Assistant Professor, Public & Applied Humanities
University of Arizona, Public and Applied Humanities
Department Head, Spanish and Portuguese
University of Arizona College of Humanities
Medical Director, Adult Congenital Heart Disease
UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital
Open-Rank Professor and Director of Choral Studies
NAU School of Music
Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream, Statistical…
University of Toronto, Department of Statistical Sciences