Senior Research Associate, Protein Engineering
- Sana Biotechnology
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Other, Researcher
Sana Biotechnology is looking to expand our team with hard-working individuals who believe in the potential of cells as engineered medicines, have the vision to do creative things, and the determination to execute that vision.
The Protein Engineering Senior Research Associate will be responsible for the testing of proteins and DNA vectors that support our novel targeted gene therapy platform. Characterization of therapeutic candidates, alongside in vitro assay development will be key elements of the position. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team that combines significant biologic drug discovery experience with pioneering discoveries driving multiple biological platforms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Testing of novel constructs for mammalian cell transduction via flow cytometry and imaging techniques
- Assay development for testing novel protein vectors that support our platform technology
- Characterization of gene expression and cell-identity markers in mammalian cells using flow cytometry, microscopy, qPCR, ELISA, etc.
- Mammalian cell culture and transformation
- Following Standard Operating Procedures and developing new protocols when necessary
- Working collaboratively to generate and screen novel therapeutics
- Maintenance of detailed electronic lab notebook and registration of constructs and biologics
Bachelors Degree plus 3+ years laboratory experience in an academic or industry setting, or Masters Degree in related field (Biology, Biochemistry, Engineering) with at least 1+ years with laboratory experience in an academic or industry setting.
- Well versed in a wide array of laboratory techniques and experienced in their use.
- Experienced with interpersonal skills and an ability to adapt communication style to interact effectively with collaborators.
- Attention to detail and data quality, and experience working on collaborative teams.
- Demonstrated ability in working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and technical environment.
- Excellent bench skills with attention to detail for data integrity and quality.
- Understanding of mammalian molecular biology and cell biology.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs
- Prolonged standing and/or sitting
- Exposure to hazardous/toxic/dangerous chemicals
- Manual dexterity required to operate office and lab equipment
More search results
Assistant Professor, Public & Applied Humanities
University of Arizona, Public and Applied Humanities
Department Head, Spanish and Portuguese
University of Arizona College of Humanities
Medical Director, Adult Congenital Heart Disease
UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital
Open-Rank Professor and Director of Choral Studies
NAU School of Music
Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream, Statistical…
University of Toronto, Department of Statistical Sciences