Information Technology User Support Liaison
Augsburg University offers more than 80 undergraduate majors and nine graduate degrees to more than 3,500 students of diverse backgrounds. The trademark of an Augsburg education is its emphasis on direct, personal experience. Guided by the faith and values of the Lutheran church, Augsburg educates students to be informed citizens, thoughtful stewards, critical thinkers, and responsible leaders.
The User Support Liaison (UST Liaison) ensures a high level of organization is maintained within User Support, while providing users with consultative, just-in-time support. The UST Liaison serves as the primary point of contact for IT and telecommunications needs for designated departments at Augsburg University and Luther Seminary. The UST Liaison also cultivates effective and innovative use of IT resources through positive professional working relationships and awareness of discipline-related IT resources. The UST Liaison manages and shapes the support needs of designated departments, sees resolutions through to completion, and works to systematically improve IT literacy
- Organize and provide consultative just-in-time support to ensure adequate responsiveness levels for the department, regularly monitoring support channels and delegating as needed. As part of the administrative LFC team, provide first level troubleshooting and service of computer and telecom equipment used by designated faculty and staff.
- Assist the User Support Team in scheduling consultative sessions, organizing inventory, and ensuring high levels of intra-team communication.
- Develop positive, professional working relationships with staff and faculty members. Time is shared between supporting administrative staff at Augsburg, and with faculty, staff, and students at Luther Seminary, all while maintaining a balance between working with designated users and investing in the IT office area.
- Maintain awareness of, and develop useful expertise with, IT resources relevant to the designated departmental areas. Compile and refine documentation and training materials as part of the User Support team.
- Identify support trends and consult with the Student Help-desk, the Systems and Infrastructure team, and the Enterprise Information Team around issue resolution.
- Supervise student workers deployed in troubleshooting and service tasks.
- Manage support of designated staff to resolution in consultation with other members of the User Support and Systems teams as needed in a 'train as you solve' fashion.
- Convene groups in IT to support projects in administrative units.
- Support and participate in projects brought forward by the Administrative Information Systems and Systems groups.
- Participates in appropriate IT department and working group meetings to stay informed about current IT systems and policies as well as provide feedback and guidance for the design and evolution of IT systems and policies.
- Travel between Luther Seminary and Augsburg University, as well as to the Rochester location and off-site Administrative Offices may be required.
- Four year degree or equivalent combination of educational and work experience.
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience in IT user support field.
- Excellent troubleshooting, organization, and documentation skills.
- Advanced support-level skills for Mac and PC hardware and software, including operating systems and standard productivity applications required.
- Awareness of/experience with business applications relevant to the designated administrative areas and ability to independently investigate, master, and support such applications required.
More search results
Assistant Professor of Teaching in Developmental …
University of California, Irvine
Associate Vice President and Dean of Students
University of Iowa
Language Lecturer in Modern Hebrew Language
New York University
Assistant Professor of European History, 1780-1920
New York University
Director, National Institute of Nursing Research
National Institute of Nursing Research